Deliciously rich little bites of heaven and super easy to make, these little brown bites are just enough to keep you satisfied. We know this type of treat is high fat, so I’ve cut them into bite sized pieces so we can indulge ourselves yet keep our overall day healthy. Some of my favourite nuts are in here, pecans, walnuts and cashews. I added hemp because they are such super seeds full of essential fats. Just a few chopped dried apricots help with flavour.
I keep aside some hemp seeds to sprinkle on top, mostly because it looks gorgeous! But they are perfectly fine with all the seeds in the mix too.
These are raw, made in my trusty blender. But you can definitely make these in a food processor too, both work fine.
Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
Makes 16 brownie bites
- 50g pecans
- 100g cashews
- 150g medjool dates
- 3-4 tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds, keep 1/2 tablespoon aside for the top
- 6 finely chopped dried unsulphured apricots
- drizzle of plant milk, I used oat
- Place the pecans and cashews in the blender or processor first. Blend until fine, resembling flour.
- Add the dates, cacao powder and salt and blend for a little until combined.
- Remove mix and place in a bowl.
- Add walnuts and apricots, combine. I use my hands for this part.
- If the mix needs it, add some plant milk to get a nice cookie dough consistency. You may also need a touch more cacao powder. You should be able to roll out this mix.
- Roll out onto baking parchment and cut into even bite sized squares.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, so they firm up.
Keeps for at least a week in an airtight container in the refrigerator.