When Indigo Herbs sent me a box of their seed and nut butters, I was familiar with all but one. I use Pumpkin Seeds often in salads and energy bars because they are a great source of Omega 3, Zinc and Magnesium. But I had not made or used Pumpkin Seed butter, so I was really interested in creating something a bit different as a vegan snack. We rely heavily on nuts for bliss or energy balls, but seeds have a similar texture and also add their own nutritional benefits. I was pleasantly surprised at the taste of the seed butter, and it worked really well in these scrumptious little snack balls. You can roll up as they are, or grind a few pumpkin seeds to roll the balls in.
If you don’t have a blender, then a food processor works well too.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Makes 8 small balls
- 2 1/2 heaped tablespoons Pumpkin Seed Butter ( I used Indigo Herbs )
- 75g dried organic apricots
- 2 medjool dates
- 50g pecan nuts
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla paste
- Blend the nuts first, then add all remaining ingredients and blend until well combined and resembling cookie dough.
- Roll mixture into 8 even balls.
- Grind some extra pumpkin seeds and roll balls until covered.
- Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes
Will keep well in the refrigerator for about one week.