Another very simple, quick and whole food vegan snack, or dessert. These bliss balls are very soft and light, with no added oils or sugars of any kind. I use raw, unshelled hazelnuts and raw cashews. Blending the nuts on their own first, helps with an even, well-blended mix.
Variations- you can add dried fruit to these. I like raisins, chopped dried apricots or chopped dried cranberries.
You will need a high speed blender or food processor for this recipe.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Refrigeration Time: 30 minutes
Makes: 10-12 balls
Will keep for up to 1 week in your refrigerator.
- 100g medjool dates, pitted
- 100g raw hazelnuts + plus a bit extra for rolling
- 100g raw cashew nuts
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- Add nuts to a food processor or blender and blend until fine.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend or process until well combined.
- Roll into small balls.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Roll in the finely chopped, extra hazelnuts, or leave as they are.