Another tasty and satisfying bliss ball recipe. I wanted to use a dried fruit I don’t often eat, to add variety to my diet and for a different flavour. I’ll be totally honest, I was actually inspired to do this after watching ‘The Island with Bear Grylls’!! Yes, it’s true. I watch telly sometimes. And I was genuinely interested in how they ate, not so much in watching their island-style colonics though. Urgh. Anyway, they were all moaning about lack of food, as you might expect. But they came back from foraging with a bucket full of figs. And all around them were coconuts, one of their main sources of food. Later on they bravely sourced some honey. I really did wonder why no-one thought to make some little energy balls! Okay, so they don’t have a food processor like I do. But they could chop up those figs, dry the coconut or use the fresh flesh even to make a tasty fig and coconut treat. Anyway, thats the inspiration, probably my weirdest yet, for these delicious little balls!!
You will need a food processor or high speed blender for this recipe
Makes: 12 balls
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Keeping Time: about 1 week in an airtight container
- 1 cup organic dried figs
- 3/4 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1/4 cup coconut flour, or ground almond/ almond flour
- small amount of water to help bind
- I use a high speed blender, so I first blend the almonds till fine, remove and do the figs, then add everything else. Or using a food processor, you can add altogether.
- Add just a trickle of water at first.
- Mix until well combined and forming a dough, add a bit more water if it isn't holding together.
- Shape into small balls
- Roll in desiccated coconut if you wish, but they are lovely as they are.
- Keep refrigerated in an airtight container.