I seem to be on a mission to make as many different recipes as possible in my blender! I’ll confess, as much as I love cooking, I really do appreciate creations that are quick and most importantly, create as little mess as possible! Totally hate the clean up part of cooking!! I feel really great when I eat a high raw diet too, I thoroughly recommend it.
So here is a seriously good, super easy and fool proof chocolate chip cookie recipe. You have 2 options with these. You can make as per directions and refrigerate, with best results after 2 hours in the fridge for firmer cookies. Or, if like me you have a dehydrator, you can pop them in for about 2 hours so they are a little less soft and sticky.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Refrigeration Time: 2 hours
Makes about 12 cookies
- 150g raw cashews
- 150g medjool dates
- 1 tablespoon vanilla powder
- 1 tablespoon water
- 3-4 tablespoons of coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons raw cacao nibs
- Place the cashews in your high speed blender, and blend until finely ground. Remove and place in a bowl.
- Place the medjool dates and water in the blender and blend for 10-15 seconds until a paste-like consistency.
- Place the ground cashew and vanilla powder in with the dates and blend again, using the tamper tool to combine well. You may need to stop once and scrape down to ensure the vanilla powder is combined through the entire mix. Don’t over–mix, this can cause an oily texture.
- Remove the mix and place in a bowl. Add the raw cacao nibs and 3 tablespoons of coconut flour, mix together with your hands. It should easily form into balls, if not quite there add some more coconut flour.
- Roll into balls, place on some baking parchment and then press with a fork, like traditional cookies.
- Pop in your refrigerator for at least 2 hours. You may also like to try the dehydrator for a few hours, but either way is delicious.
Keep refrigerated for about one week.