These are soooo good! Amazing in fact. And they are another gorgeous combination of nuts and dates, with a few other key ingredients that make this a rich decadent raw treat. Just don’t eat them all at once, okay?!
You need a food processor or high speed blender for these. You can omit the oil if you wish, I have and still get beautiful little bliss balls.
Note: I used to make most of my bliss balls with coconut oil included, including this recipe. I have started to take it out, and the result is still lovely and tasty but a bit softer. So do firm it up in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
Makes about 16 small balls
- 100g pecans
- 50g cashew nuts
- 100g medjool dates, stones removed
- 1/2 cup raw cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon lucuma powder ( optional, add extra date if omitting )
- extra 1/2 cup cashews, chopped
- Place the nuts in your processor and mix until it is fine, like a flour. Then add dates and mix until well combined.
- Add raw cacao powder, lucuma and salt to the processor. Whizz until its all combined and starting to form a soft dough.
- Roll the mix into small balls.
- If you wish, chop about 1/2 cup extra cashew nuts and roll balls in the chopped nuts.
- Place in your refrigerator for at least 2 hours.