Yes, there’s a theme with at the moment… turning well-loved puddings and treats into healthier green smoothies! All the flavour you love, but instead served in a glass with leafy greens for an endless list of health benefits. For more about the benefits of Green Smoothies, go to my very first post. You might also like to try my vegan and gluten-free Ginger Cookies. Meanwhile, you really must try this smoothie if you’re a ginger nut or cookie fan, this is awesome!
Preparation Time: less than 5 minutes
Makes 1 large serving or 2 small, about 750ml total
- 2 large ripe bananas
- 3 medjool dates
- 2 tablespoons black strap molasses
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter ( 100% coconut flesh and thats all! )
- large handful spinach
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon, or more, of cinnamon
- 2 large pinches of nutmeg
- 500ml filtered water- optional, omit for a smoothie bowl
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender and blend on high until well combined.
- Serve immediately.
Looking for more Green Smoothie ideas?