Who doesn’t love Apple Pie? I also love Green Smoothies and how adaptable they are. You can create almost any flavour combination you can dream up. The beauty of green smoothies is that you get a massive kick of antioxidants and vitamins. If you’re clever about it, it can also be a tasty little treat without any guilt whatsoever! So I woke up and thought, I want a new green smoothie flavour, what have I got in my kitchen? Apples, always spices, always plenty of bananas and greens. This is the delicious result. I have made this with and without the dates, depending on my needs that day. Both taste delicious. If you add an extra apple, you really won’t need the dates.
I prefer this when I cook the apple first, it really tastes far more like apple. It’s still nice raw, you just don;t get the same flavour.
For a smoothie bowl, add less water and top with nuts, shredded coconut and fruit.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Makes 1-2 servings or around 1 litre
- 1-2 medium apples, cored and roughly chopped
- 4 medium bananas
- 3 large handfuls, about 200g of washed spinach
- 5 medjool dates ( optional )
- 1/4 cup raw almonds
- 1 tablespoon coconut butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 750ml water- optional, omit for a smoothie bowl
- Place all ingredients in your blender and blend on high until well combined.
- Serve immediately.