I posted this recipe along with two other raw vegetable noodle recipes a few months back, but this one is my favourite so I thought I’d re-post on it’s own. I like it so much because it is utterly delicious, incredibly fresh tasting and one of the quickest meals I make. If you have a vegetable spiralizer, or a turning slicer, it makes it a LOT easier. You can however, make fettuccine style ribbons with the zucchini or courgette. I chose not to peel the zucchini, and then slice lengthways ( a mandolin slicer makes this easier ) and cut each slice into long ribbons.
You will need 1 large courgette per person
Makes: enough for 2 large servings, or up to 4 small to medium
Keeping time: noodles will keep a few days without salsa, once salsa is added, eat immediately.
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 large tomatoes or roughy 250g
- 1/2 cup finely chopped coriander
- 1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped oregano
- 1/4 cup finely chopped basil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Finely dice red onion, or use a mandolin slicer if you have one.
- Dice tomatoes, omit seeds if you wish but I use them as I can't bear the waste.
- Combine all ingredients together, adding pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately with your vegetable noodles or ribbons.