When is a green smoothie not a green smoothie? When you add berries!! You get a gorgeous red or purple colour instead and with these blackberries, its super intense and pretty! But it’s not just about looks. This is a filling bowl of nutritious food. Either 2 smaller portions or a single serving as a really big meal. I like this sort of thing post workout and it will last me a good 3-4 hours. You can have this as a drink in a glass, just add about a half cup or more of water.
I add a small amount of gluten-free oats to this recipe to add extra creaminess, but that is optional and it’s still delicious without.
You will need a high speed blender for this recipe
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Serves 1-2 people
- 1 cup frozen, or fresh, blackberries
- 3 small bananas
- 1 tablespoon apple puree or 1 small apple
- 50 g lambs lettuce ( also known as corn salad )
- 1/4 cup GF oats- optional
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- Place all ingredients in a high speed blender, blend on high for 20-30 seconds until combined.
- Pour into a bowl and decorate with your favourite fruit and a teaspoon of seeds or nuts.
- Serve and consume immediately