This was one of the first recipes I posted. I wrote a long post about the benefits of green smoothies, so I thought I would add this again in case the recipe got lost a bit. I still drink this regularly, using different greens. I add sorrel if I have it, as the lemony flavour works well with the avocado.
Makes 1 X 250ml servings
- 3 small bananas
- 1/2 medium avocado
- 2 large handfuls of spinach
- small bunch sorrel ( optional )
- 1 tablespoon lucuma or maca powder (optional)
- 1 dessertspoon nut butter
- 1 1/2 cups coconut water or water- omit if making a smoothie bowl
- 2 pitted dates
- Blend on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Serve immediately.