There are many recipes for hummus, both using chickpeas and like mine, using zucchini. There is nothing wrong with chickpeas and I cook with them all the time. But where possible, I like to keep it raw. Raw food delivers so much more nutritionally, and I feel so good since increasing my raw food intake I can’t recommend it enough.
This hummus also lasts longer than the conventional chickpea one, and I almost always have some in the fridge. On nights or days when I don’t have time to prepare anything fancy, I just cut up huge piles of vegetable crudités and use this as a dip. Use it as you would the usual hummus recipe.
- 1 and 1/2 Cups chopped and peeled zucchini
- 1-2 cloves of garlic- to taste, I like mine with just 1 clove
- 1/4 Cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 Cup Tahini
- Using your blender, blend all ingredients except tahini on high until well mixed.
- Then add your tahini, blend well.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours- this makes it thicker
Keeps for at least 5-7 days in an airtight container in the fridge