I must be the worlds biggest Sweet Potato fan, I eat it all the time and never get sick of it. Back in my homeland we call it Kumara, pronounced Koo-ma-ra and it’s very popular there and is especially tasty when cooked in a hangi ( earth oven ) smokey and super soft and sweet. A hangi isn’t really practical for me at the moment… seen as I actually have no real earth in my little patio garden and I am pretty sure it violates laws in London digging your own earth oven! So I usually bake it and bake a few extra for lunch during the week.
This morning I was especially hungry after my workout and I had a craving for one but I wanted it in a smoothie. So this delightful combo was created and oh my, this is a good one. I may add greens to it sometimes too, it will not take away from the taste. But today I wanted a gorgeous carb loaded, creamy smoothie and thats exactly what I got! This is a really decent meal, all my smoothies are a meal for me. But if you want a light snack instead add a bit more water and half the recipe.
This recipe requires a blender.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Makes 1 large serving or 2 medium servings
- 1 small baked Sweet Potato, about 3/4 cup cooked flesh
- 1 large banana
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 teaspoons Lucuma Powder ( optional, add another date if not )
- 2- 3 medjool dates
- 1 cup oat or any plant milk
- 1/2 cup water
- Remove the sweet potato flesh from the skin and place in the blender with all other ingredients. Blend on high until well combined.
- Add some ground cinnamon on top before serving.