I made this for my husband today, especially for Fathers Day, and we all fought over it! Its just one of the many ways to flavour the basic raw vegan cheesecake recipe that so many people have come to love and share. This is super quick, the longest part is the setting of the filling which takes about 2 hours. Otherwise every layer is either done in the blender or food processor, it is so simple. The strawberry cuts through that very rich, intense mint layer.
I made this into one individual cheesecake that no normal person would really devour all at once. We shared it between the 3 of us. I put the rest into a loaf tin to use in a slightly different way, by topping with raw chocolate instead.
I Updated this to replace coconut oil, with coconut butter. It changes the texture a little, as it includes all the fibre, but overall it is much the same result in all my dessert recipes.
To make a single cheesecake, you will need a 8inch springform tin or silicone mould. Or, for a higher base and filling, you can use a smaller tin and it will turn out like mine, pictured above.
Makes: 16 small servings- it is very decadent!
Soaking time: 2 hours
Freezing time: around 2 hours
Preparation time: 25 minutes
Take out of your freezer about 15 minutes before serving.
This will last about 5 days in your fridge once unfrozen.
- 200g pecans
- 150g medjool dates
- 25g raw cacao powder
- 2 cups cashews, soaked 2 hours
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup date syrup
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 3 drops peppermint essential oil
- 1/4 cup brown rice or other plant milk
- 1/2 cup coconut butter, heated slowly on a very very low heat until soft
- Fresh strawberries, blended or sliced
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and combine until it starts to bind and turn into a dough. Don't over-process.
- Push mix into your chosen cake tin or mould, tightly and evenly.
- Place in the freezer, covered in cling film, while you make the filling.
- Drain your cashews and place with all other ingredients in a high speed blender and blend for about 3 minutes, till very well combined.
- Take your base out of the freezer and pour the filling on.
- Place back in the freezer, with the cling film tightly on, for about 2 hours, or until set.
- Blend a handful of strawberries.
- Decorate your cheesecake with sliced or whole strawberries and pour blended berries on top just before serving.