These came together because I had a lot of lemons I needed to use and I was sick of making bliss balls! My daughter is lemon mad, so these are quite lemony. I have put 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice in the recipe, I used 3 and it was a bit much for me but perfect for my daughter and hubby. I used these cute little cases, but I suggest silicone chocolate moulds so that the drops come out easier. These firm up but don’t completely harden, so you might have to coax them out a bit. They are totally worth it and a great alternative to store bought sweets full of refined sugar.
UPDATE: we left them in the freezer, and after some time they actually become very hard like this, I’d say at least 4 hours. But you can still bite into them without that frozen texture. It is much like raw chocolate in that sense.
Makes about 12 little drops
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Freezing time: 2 hours
- 1/2 cup ground cashews
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2-3 tablespoons of lemon juice
- 1-2 tablespoons date syrup
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- a few drops of vanilla essence
- zest of 1 lemon
- Melt the coconut oil very gently on the lowest possible heat, never allowing it to get hot, take it off the heat and swirl it so it melts but still stays quite cool.
- Add the coconut oil to all the other ingredients and mix well using a fork or a metal spoon, pressing out any lumps until it is smooth and quite runny.
- Spoon into your moulds
- Place in freezer for 1-2 hours until nice and firm
Keep in an airtight container in your freezer so they remain firm, for up to 2 weeks