This is my new favourite thing! Gorgeous chai spices in a beautiful silky cashew nut cream. No oil, no refined sugar! Its so easy to make, especially in my new blender which you can read about here. I made this chai cream especially to go with my Vegan Spiced Pear & Almond Cake, they compliment each other perfectly. It’s a spice lovers heaven!
For the tea, I use Pukka Organic Original Chai Tea, our favourite, but you can use your preferred choice.
Soak time: minimum 2 hours
Preparation time: 5 minutes
- 1 Cup cashew nuts, soaked for at least 2 hours but preferably overnight
- 1/4 Cup date or maple syrup
- 1/4 Cup chai tea
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- Place all your ingredients in a blender and blend on high until well mixed, thick and creamy.
- Pour into an airtight container and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Keeping time: refrigerated will keep for up to a week