This is another layered chia & fruit combo that is easy, convenient and utterly delicious. It can be breakfast, post workout, pudding, or have it for lunch! I made the chia pudding as before, and then used fresh bananas and frozen raspberries, which I always have. Make the chia the night before and all you need to do is blend the fruit, you can substitute with any fruit you have, this is easy and super healthy, whole food.
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon lucuma powder ( optional )
- 1 teaspoon vanilla powder ( optional you can substitute either powders for cinnamon )
- 1/2 cup plant milk e.g. oat, rice or almond
- 1 1/2 large bananas
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 dessertspoon shredded coconut
- coconut water or water to blend
- Soak the chia seeds in your jar, with the lucuma & vanilla or cinnamon, with the milk for at least 20-30 minutes but preferably overnight.
- Blend the banana and raspberries with coconut yoghurt, if using, or coconut flakes, and some water, for about 2 minutes. You add enough water to get the blender going, and stop and start to add more or push the mix down as needed, to have it thoroughly mixed. If you have a high speed blender, you won’t need to fuss, it will just blend up super quick with no effort! You may need to stop and slide a spatula down the side to create air pockets when making thick mixes like this in other blenders.
- Add the fruit mix on top of your chia seeds.
- Top with chopped almonds, raw cacao nibs, shredded coconut and a sprinkle of cinnamon, or whatever you have!
- Eat on the same day, although the soaked chia seed mix will keep in an airtight container for a few days.